1. Things are changing all the time and sometimes things may change beyond our imagination. Can you describe one thing you think you would never do ten year ago?
2. Can you talk about an event happened inyour school recently that you think it negative at first, but it turns out to be a positive thing.
3. People often feel nervous when they try to do something new and challenging at the first time, can you talk about one experience you did the first time and how you summon up your courage to do it?
4. One of your friends has been working forten years after graduation. Now he is planning to return back to the university to further study, from your perspective, what kind of challenge or difficulty does he may confront?
5. From your perspective, what is the common mistake when parents educate their children? Give your explanation based on your own experience.
6. Which of the following functions of acellphone is the most useful to students?
--taking photos by cellphone
--listening to music by cellphone
7. Students often have to face various quizzes, sometimes professor give them regular quizzes, which are quizzes announced before hand and students have time to prepare, while some professors prefer to give them surprised quizzes, which means professors come to class and suddenly announce there is going to be a test, can you talk about the advantage and disadvantage of the surprised quizzes?
8. Some universities are located in small towns or rural areas. Can you talk about the advantage and/or disadvantage of placing a university in such a place?
9. Your friend is coming to take a visit to your country, while travelling, which transportation would you like to recommend to him? Include explanations in your response.
1. Some day in the future the library will be replaced by e-books and other electronic devices, then libraries will no longer exist in universities. Do you agree or disagree with the statement?
2. Nowadays some parents and students choose to have the home school, which means students listen to class and finish their assignments at home through the on-line educational system and they don’t have to go to the campus. Do you agree or disagree with this form of education and why?
3. While traveling, some students like to be isolated with their family members and friends; some students prefer to contact with family members and friends constantly, which one do you prefer and why?
4. When you take a trip, do you prefer to just look around, or do you prefer to take pictures and keep a journal?
5. Some people prefer to live in different places throughout their lives. Others prefer to stay and live in one place. Which do you prefer and why? Please include reasons and details in your response.
6. When travelling in a new place, people constantly need to find their ways to the places they like, some people prefer to use the electronic map downloaded in their cellphones, while some people prefer to consult pedestrians, like native people or other travelers, face to face, which one do you think is better and why?
7. Your city is about to build a new factory so as to provide more job opportunities for citizens, however, the factory might lead to environmental pollution to some extent, do you agree or disagree to build such a new factory?
8. When you have different opinions on government policy with your family members, will you try to persuade them to agree with yours?
9. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Government should spend money on some projects to encourage citizens to lead healthier lifestyles. Use specific reasons and examples to support your response.
1. The university will spend money on dormitory to improve the life quality of students, which of the following do you think is the best way?
1) Providing a room for quiet study;
2) Building an exercise room;
3) Providing entertainment place (watch film).
2. Which one of the following values is the most important to share with a young child (5-10 years old)?
1) Being helpful
2) Being honest
3) Being well organized
3. A lot of high school students now cheat in homework assignments, by asking other students for answers. Which of the following do you think is the most efficient way to stop?
1) Asking parents to help stop the students from cheating
2) Penalty or punishment to the students
3) Asking teacher to create homework assignment that cannot be easily cheated
4. At some universities, students take part in making decisions about the issues that affect daily life of everyone on campus, such as how many hours that the libraries should be open each day or what kinds of food should be served in the cafeteria. But at some universities, experts are hired to make these decisions, students almost never involved. Which approach do you prefer and why.
5. Sometimes we are assigned to work in a group on a project. Do you agree or disagree the following statement? The group will be helped more by members who are willing to do what other group members want them to do than by those who strongly insist that things should be done in a different way.
6. Do you agree or disagree with the statement:
It is better to make friends who are intelligent than with a good sense of humor
7. When people spend a lot of time watching sports on television or following their favorite team, it has negative effects on their lives
8. These days, children spend more time on doing homework or participating in organized activities related to school or sports. However, they should be given more time to do whatever they want
9. Rather than help their children do schoolwork, parents should encourage their children do their homework independently.