1. If the government wants to invest in the following fields, which one do you think is the most worthwhile?
1) land exploration
3) health care
2. Which of the following period of life do you think is the hardest?
3. There can be several advantages to spend time living in another country. Talk about one advantage and explain how living in another country provides that advantage. Use details and examples in your response.
4. Which one of the following means of transportation do you consider to be the most enjoyable?
Explain why you enjoy it.
5. Your city plans to build a new museum to attract more visitors. What kind of museum?
1) local museum
2) modern art and film museum
3) children science museum
6. If a foreign teacher comes to your country to teach high school student, what suggestions will you give him for preparation?
7. Talk about the advantage and disadvantage of being active on social media.
8. Talk about a popular gathering place in your town where people like to go. Describe the place and explain why people enjoy going there.
9. A friend of yours is going to have an important job interview and has asked for your advice. What do you think your friend should do in order to have a successful job interview? Explain why.
10. Which of the following volunteer work would you like to do?
1) Clean the park
2) Clean the driveway
3) Plant trees
11. Which of the following areas of current events do you most like to read?
3) Arts and films
12. Students often like to study with others in a group. What do you think are the benefits of group study? Give at least one benefit. Explain your reasons.
13. Talk about a popular actor, musician, or artist whose work you do not admire.Explain why you do not like this person’s work. Use specific details and reasons in your response.
14. Which one of the following do you think is the most important quality for an entrepreneur?
15. Talk about a special gift you once gave someone. Describe the gift and explain why it was special.
16. There is going to have students’ TV show. Which show would you like to watch? Please Give your reasons.
1) Interview school leaders
2) Students’ debate on political and social topics
3) Comedy about school life
1. Your community has received a large amount of donation, should it be used to construct a playground for children or build a garden for the community?
2. Your city is about to build a new factory so as to provide more job opportunities for citizens; however, the factory might lead to environmental pollution to some extent. Do you agree or disagree to build such a new factory?
3. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It’s getting harder and harder to save money than before.
4. Do you think that eating healthy food is easier or more difficult today than it was 40 or 50 years ago? Use examples and details to support your answer.
5. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? it’s impolite to make calls or send text messages on a dinner table. Explain in details.
6. Some people like to use smart phone or other navigational devices to guide their road while traveling; some prefer to ask around. Which do you prefer and why?
7. Some people think that with the development of technology and Internet, libraries will disappear; while others think libraries are always necessary. Which one do you agree? Please give specific details to support your opinion.
8. Some people believe that primary schools should no longer teach children how to write by hand, and instead should spend time teaching them how to type on a computer. Other people believe that it is still important for schools to teach children to have good handwriting. Which point of view do you agree with? Explain why.
9. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? To protect the health of young children, advertisement for candy and junk food should not be shown on television. Use specific reasons and details in your response.
10. Some people prefer living in a big city. Other people prefer living in the countryside, away from urban areas. Which do you think is better? Explain why using specific details in your explanation.
11. Which do you prefer: working for others’ company or set up your own business?
12. Some people who unexpectedly receive a large amount of money spend it on practical things, while others spend it for pleasure only, which do you think is better and why?
13. Some people prefer to buy the food that is already prepared. Other people prefer to buy fresh food and prepare meals by themselves. Which do you prefer? Explain why, using details and examples in your answer.
14. When your friend is about to take a visit to your house. Do you prefer them to inform you before their coming, or do you prefer a surprise visit?
15. Some people prefer to resolve problems with friends directly face to face or on the phone. Some others prefer to resolve problems by writing, sending E-mail or text message. Which one do you prefer? Why?
1. Sometimes people think nowadays the media (TV, newspaper, Internet) are less concerned about the accuracy of news than in the past, and the incorrect information may cause more problem to the public.
2. Students aged 13-18 are taught different subjects by different teachers while younger students are taught by only one teacher all day long. Some people suggest it would benefit young students to be taught by different teachers. Do you agree with this view? Why or why not? One can learn a lot about a person from the type of friends this person has.
3. Sometimes we are assigned to work in a group on a project. Do you agree or disagree the following statement? The group will be helped more by members who are willing to do what other group members want them to do than by those who strongly insist that things should be done in a different way.
4. Which one of the following values is the most important to share with a young child (5-10 years old)?
1) Being helpful
2) Being honest
3) Being well organized
5. A lot of high school students now cheat in homework assignments, by asking other students for answers. Which of the following do you think is the most efficient way to stop?
1) asking parents to help stop the students from cheating
2) penalty or punishment to the students
3) asking teacher to create homework assignment that cannot be easily cheated
6. At some universities, students take part in making decisions about the issues that affect daily life of everyone on campus, such as how many hours that the libraries should be open each day or what kinds of food should be served in the cafeteria. But at some universities, experts are hired to make these decisions, students almost never involved. Which approach do you prefer and why.
7. Sometimes we are assigned to work in a group on a project. Do
you agree or disagree the following statement? The group will be helped more by members who are willing to do what other group members want them to do than by those who strongly insist that things should be done in a different way.
8. Do you agree or disagree with the statement:
It is better to make friends who are intelligent than with a good sense of humor
9. When people spend a lot of time watching sports on television or following their favorite team, it has negative effects on their lives
10. These days, children spend more time on doing homework or participating in organized activities related to school or sports. However, they should be given more time to do whatever they want