work or studies
home / accommodation
Part Two & Three
describe a talkative person that you know
Who this person is? / How you know this person? / What this person likes to talk about? / How you feel about this person?
describe a teenager you know
Who this teenager is? / How you know this teenager? / What this teenager likes to do? / And how you feel about this teenager?
describe the book you reacently read
What kind of book it was? / What it was about? / Where you read it? / How you felt about the book?
describe an interesting animal.
What it looks like? / When you saw it for the first time? / Where it lives? / Explain why it is interesting.
describe a good law in your country
How you knew it? / Who it affects? / Why you think it is good?
describe a interesting job yu would like to have
What it is? / How you can find this job? / What qualities it requires? / Explain why it is an intersting job.
describe a website that you often use
When you found it? / What it is about? / How often you visit it? / Explain why you like this website.
describe a building you like
Where it is? / What it is used for? / What it looks like? / Explain why you like or dislike it?
describe a language you want to learn (not English)
What it is? / How you would learn it? / Where you would learn it? / Why you want to learn the language?
describe a time when you received money as a gift
Who gave it? / When you received it? / What you did with it? / How you felt about it?
describe a happy experience you had before
Where you were? / When it happened? / Who you were with? / What you did? / Explain why you felt happy.
describe a time that you looked for information from the Internet
When it happened? / What you were looking for? / Where you were searching on the Internet? / How you felt about the information?
describe a time when you complaint and you were satisfied with the result
When it happened? / Who you complained to? / What you complained about? / Why you were satisfied with the result?
describe a time that you wore a type of clothes for a special occasion
When the occasion was? / Where you bought the clothes? / What other people at the occasion thought of your clothes?
describe a beautiful city
Where it is? / How you know it? / What it is famous for? / Why you think it is a beautiful city?
describe an interesting place of your country
Where it is? / How you got to knwo about it? / What it is famous for? / Explain why you think it is interesting?
1. It is better for people to be unemployed rather than to be employed without a job they enjoy.To what extend do you agree or disagree?
2. In some countries, it is illegal for companies to reject job applicant for their age. Is this a positive or negative development?
3. It is suggested that all the young adults should undertake a period of unpaid work helping people in the community. Does it bring more benefits or drawbacks to the community and the young people?
1. Nowadays，full-time university students tend to focus on their studying. Some people think it is essential for university students to be involved in other activities. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2. Some people think family has great influence on children's development. Others, however, believe that other things, such as media, have greater effects. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
3. Many students are taught to push themselves and try hard to be better than their classmates, rather than work together for everyone’s benefits. Do the disadvantages of training students to be competitive outweigh the advantages?
1. Towns and cities are attractive places. Some suggest the government should spend money putting in more works of art like paintings and statues to make them better to live in. Do you agree or disagree?
2. Housing shortage in big cities can cause severe social consequences. Some people think only government action can solve this problem. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
3. Some people think government should be responsible for providing financial support to old people after they retire, but others believe individuals should save money for themselves. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
1. Advertisements encourage consumers to buy in quantity rather than in quality. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2. Mobile phones have made life easier: anyone can use a mobile phone to answer/make work calls or home calls at any place 7 days a week. Do you think this development has more positive effects or negative effects on the individual and society?
3. News media is more influential nowadays. Some people think it is a negative development. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
1. It is possible for scientists and tourists to travel to remote natural environments, such as South Pole. Do you think the advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages?
2. Some people believe that air travel should be restricted because it causes serious pollution and uses up the world’s fuel resources. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
3. Some countries and individuals try to deal with the problem of animal extinction. Others think it is more important to deal with problems of human beings. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
1. Do you think how important it is for people to want success in life ? Is ambition a positive or negative characteristic?
2. As countries develop, their populations tend to live individually or in a small family unit. What are the reasons? What are the effects on society and family life?
3. Some people think planning future is a waste of time and people should focus on the present. To what extent do you agree or disagree?