1.Describe an occasion in your country where people give gifts to each other.
2.A friend of yours does a part-time job in a restaurant in the evening recently to earn money for a trip, and he feels tired in class in the day time. What suggestions would you like to give to this friend and why?
3.Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of letting students evaluate their professors at the end of the semester.
4.Which of following aspects do you think contributes the most to a country's success?
A、Many business opportunities
B、Well rounded medical care system
C、A developed educational system
5.The university wants to provide student more entertainments and three choices provided below. Which one do you prefer and why.
A、A theater performance by the student actors
B、A concert provided by professional musicians
C、A lecture from a professor
1.Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? With the popularity of technology, people read fewer books now than before.
2.Someone choose to work in a small company or organization with a few employees. Others prefer to work in a large company or organization with thousands of employees. Which do you think is better?
3.Imagine that you have been accepted by two different universities. One is well-known for its excellent academic program, but it’s expensive, while the other one is less well-known, but can offer you scholarship. Which university would you prefer to go and explain why.
4.Do you agree or disagree that children who do sports at a young age will be more aggressive in the future.
5.Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Government should forbid violence and bad language in TV programs. Us specific reasons and examples in your answer.
1. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Visiting museums is the best way to learn about a country.
2. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more important to spend money on improving facilities (like libraries, computer labs, technology in general) than hiring famous teachers.
3. Do you prefer watching TV programs for knowledge or just for entertainment?
4. University students are often encouraged to study fields in which significant job growth (a large increase in job opportunities) is expected; these fields currently include science, technology, engineering, and math, do you believe students should consider studying fields related to these subjects even if they are more interested in other subjects? Why or why not?
5. Which one is the most important for teacher of high school? The ability to help students plan for their future; the ability to find the student who need the most help and to give that help; or the ability to encourage students to learn on their own outside of the classroom.
6. You have long been friend with someone. If they do something that you don’t like, should you still be friends with him or her?
7. Which one is the most important for teacher of high school? The ability to help students plan for their future; the ability to find the student who need the most help and to give that help; or the ability to encourage students to learn on their own outside of the classroom.
8. Do you agree or disagree: it is better to use your own knowledge and experience to solve problems than to ask other people for advice.
9. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: children should spend most of their time on studying and playing, they shouldn’t be required to help family with household chores, such as cleaning and cooking.
10. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Movies are worth watching only when they teach something about real life.
11. Do you agree or disagree: college and universities must do a better job of preparing student for the workplace.
12. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Classmates and partner are better to communicate with each other face to face to finish the project than to send e-mail?
13. Some people think it is the best approach for students to learn if schools start the day at an early time in the morning. But someone think the school should start the day at late time. Which one do you prefer? Use specific reasons and detailed examples to support your answer.
14. As a student of university that has along break between university semesters, the university requires all students to do one of the following for one month during the break:
A. Students must take a course on the subject that has no direct connection to their majors of study ( For example, a student majoring in engineering may take course in fine arts or social science.)
B. Students must volunteer to work in the university’s city or their hometowns to improve some aspects of life of the city or their own town. (For example, students may help local primary school children with their homework.) Which one do you think is more beneficial for students in their university? Why? Given detailed examples and reasons.
Use your OWN words, do NOT use memorized examples.
15. School teachers have found that this year more and more students copy homework from others, which one of the following choices is the best way to reduce this phenomenon?
A. parents should supervise their children's study and homework and sigh their names to prove that their children do not cheat.
B. teachers should punish those children who copy homework from others.
C. teachers should assign homework that can not be easily copied.